Thursday, October 9, 2008

I am shooting on MANUAL!





A year ago, I didn't know what manual was. I got my camera and discovered that there are ways to adjust settings and make this baby take some cool pictures. But, as I tried... and tried and tried... I could not make it click in my brain! I would try to shoot on manual (versus automatic which chooses the settings for you) and the pictures looked BAD! So, I shot on the automatic settings while I put photography on the back burner. Auto was just fine when i could barely waddle over to get the camera and snap a few of my boys. ANYWAY... I shot at a wedding this Saturday and of all places it started making sense and I shot almost the whole time on manual. I am so excited. I am looking forward to doing more weddings in the future. I love photography... almost as much as painting, maybe more, because you get (almost) instant results. And I get to (hopefully) bless people with beautiful pictures of their families! I will post a few more another time. I have got to go to bed! BTW...Did anyone watch the office? We cut off cable.... thanks again Dave Ramsey! I love it!

5 comments:

momx2 said...

You have got to tell me...Ive had this thing almost three years and still can't shoot on manual!

Glad to hear you are out and about! Your boys (all of em!) are adorable.

Unknown said...

That picture of Jackson...
hubba hubba!

Jeremy and Michelle said...

Hey girl! I just found your blog and have been catching up on your family! Your boys are beautiful!! i haven't seen you since that night I spoke at Mrs. Caroleen's small group and you were telling me about you and Jason thinking about having another baby - then the next thing I heard you were pregnant with twins!! You must have already been pregnant then or very soon thereafter - turns out I was already pregnant or about to be as well :) Our boys are 12 months and 3 days apart - I thought my life was crazy until I read the blog about you and your boys at the soccer game - too funny and can I just call you "super woman!" I took both boys to the pediatrician and Wal-Mart one day I thought I should have gotten a medal!!
Congrats on all your beautiful healthy boys! (Sometimes it seems like just yesterday we were living at Colony Woods walking around the complex and sometimes it feels like 100 years ago!!)
God is Good!

Tammy said...

Your pics are great! Another up and coming photographer...oh to have the time, how do you do it??

Tammy said...

Ps, can you come to our next supper club? It's Nov 8.